You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): HMC Connections, Community Connections Program
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
You will be paired with someone who has immigrated to the GTA and has experience and/or training in their industry, but who may not understand the Canadian context of their profession, workplace culture, or know how to translate their skill sets.
As a mentor, you may help your mentee by doing the following:
• Giving practical advice on how to navigate a job search in the GTA
• Supporting them to grow their professional networks, connecting them to your contacts where appropriate
• Advising on recommended training and career development
• Helping them deal with questions and issues that may arise in the early stages of employment.
Looking for a volunteer to help teach music to newcomer youth
- Experience working with multicultural and multilingual classrooms.
- Self-motivated, organized, professional, and adaptable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to help high school students prepare and successfully pass English assessments for admission in university/college.