You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Lighthouse for Grieving Children and Families, Grief and Bereavement Support Services
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Review and Feedback: Evaluate and provide constructive feedback on policies, procedures, and initiatives concerning DEI, including programs & services, recruitment, orientation, training, and the participant experience.
- Community Perspective: Advise the leadership team by offering a community perspective on various issues related to DEI within the Lighthouse organization.
- Fostering Understanding: Suggest and establish meaningful ways to foster a greater understanding and awareness of DEI matters among the Lighthouse community of staff and volunteers.
- Education and Celebration: Identify opportunities to educate the Lighthouse community on diversity-related issues and celebrate the diverse social and multicultural elements within the broader community.
- Committee Participation: Engage in monthly meetings, fostering a collaborative atmosphere.
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the community by supporting those experiencing grief and loss? Lighthouse, a dedicated Grief Training and Resource Centre, is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Programs & Services Board Committee. As a Committee Member, you will play a pivotal role in advising and informing the Lighthouse staff team on community needs related to grief resource development.
Community Needs Adviser:
- Identify gaps in grief services and geographic coverage.
- Provide insights into education and training needs within the community.
- Review and act on the board self-assessment survey.
- Review service participant evaluations and support improvement plans.
- Review the Annual Services Report and address service capacity concerns.
Service Delivery and Educational Initiatives:
- Offer guidance and expertise to enhance Lighthouse service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of educational initiatives.
- Strengthen Lighthouse as a Grief Training and Resource Centre.
- Enhance Lighthouse service delivery standards and best practices.
- Advocate for bereavement care within the recognized health care service continuum.
Community Outreach and Advocacy:
- Engage with professional networks to advocate for Lighthouse.
- Actively participate in community outreach to diverse communities and individuals.
- Engage in community outreach, focusing on healthcare, social services, and education.
- Outreach to area school boards, in collaboration with the DEI committee.
- Disseminate pertinent research and compile data for advocacy and funding requests.
- Collaborate with the Director of Services, Executive Director, and other community members.
- Contribute diverse perspectives from relevant professional sectors.
- Experience in healthcare, grief and bereavement support, community services, or education.
- Passion for advocating and promoting grief support services.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to the achievement of organizational goals.
-Lived grief experience is an asset.
-Diverse cultural lens would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2 year, maximum of 6 year commitment.
- Monthly online committee meetings, the 2nd Wednesday of every month (September to June) 3:30-4:30pm, with the occasional in-person meeting to replace a virtual meeting as arranged by the committee Chair in conversation with the committee.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement:
At Lighthouse we believe that no child should grieve alone. To achieve this, we apply a culturally humble approach within all levels of our organization. Understanding that grief affects everyone differently, we listen and learn from our community members, allowing us to provide more equitable access to grief support. Focusing on inclusivity, we honour the rich diversity of our communities through continuous employee development and program provision.
The Lighthouse is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment and volunteer practices in compliance with the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are committed to making a difference in the lives of those coping with grief and loss, we invite you to join our dedicated team. Together, let's create a supportive community where individuals find solace and healing. To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Thank you for considering this important volunteer opportunity with Lighthouse.