You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): St Aidan's Anglican Church
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Church Treasurer – Volunteer job description
The church treasurer is responsible for the overall administration of the financial assets of the church, as directed by the Corporation.
The treasurer should have good financial management and organizational skills and a working knowledge of QuickBooks online software.
Monitors: All church finances-receipts & disbursements, and works with the Priest-in-Charge and Wardens (the Corporation), and the parish administrator, as required
· Maintain/supervise the church financial records, ensuring that policies are followed and that overall financial assets are appropriately managed/administered
· Ensure that clear policies, internal controls and proper accounting practices are maintained that govern the collection, handling, recording, receipting and use and reporting of funds within the church
· Ensure that the policies, internal controls and proper accounting practices are followed to maintain the church’s charitable status
· Ensure that clear, accurate and adequate records with supporting documents are kept of all church receipts and expenditures using QuickBooks online software
· Ensure the timely payment of accounts payable
· To provide current financial reports regularly to the Corporation and at the Annual Vestry meeting
· Prepare and file the annual financial documents to the Diocese of Niagara
· Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Corporation
· File documents with Canada Revenue Agency (i.e., Charity report, GST/HST receivable etc.)
Leading children in Sunday school, providing care. and learning opportunities.