You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Community Living Oakville
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
As a Community Living Oakville Golf Tournament Commitee Volunteer, you will play a cruical role in ensuring the success of our event. Your responsibilities may include:
*Attending and participating in Zoom meetings from now until Tournament in June.
*Event Planning and Logistical Support
*Securing sponsorship, raffle, auction prizes
*Marketing Assistance and Promotion
*On Site Support Day of
*Post Tournament Wrap Up and Feedback
Thsi role requires a passion for golf, strong organizational skills, effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Human Resources volunteer to join our team. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various HR functions, including recruitment, employee engagement, and administarive support. This role offers valubale exposure to the dynamic field of Human Resources. The ideal candidate shouls have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a passion for learning and contributing to HR inititiatives.
Role Overview: As a one to one buddy and companionship volunteer with CLO, you will have the unique opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with intellectual disabilities. This role is centered around building meaningful connections and friendships while providing support through friendly visiting and engaging activities. Our program offers people with developmental disabilities to participate in experiences that most of us take for granted. Your companionship will help foster social inclusion and enhance the quality of life of people we support, their family, and CLO to ensure a positive and safe experience.
· Spend quality 1:1 time with a person supported
· Engage in various activities based on mutual interest, including but not limited to:
· Reading a book together
· Playing a game
· Sharing a coffee or meal
· Going to the gym for a workout
· Attending a church service
· Theatre or a movie
· Attending sports games or events
· Foster a friendly and supportive environment to encourage social interaction
· Be a dependable and trustworthy presence in someone’s life
· Maintain open communication with the person supported, their family, and CLO to ensure a positive and safe experience
Volunteers will assist in the office environment through clerical duties that may include:
- Filing paperwork
- Scanning documents
- Sorting through a file management system
- Inventory & related duties
- Assisting administrative staff as required
Are you interested in helping others and improving your community?
Are you a part of a workplace, school, community, or corporate group, a group of friends or a family interested in community service?
The Kind Neighbours Project may have a role exactly for you. We are looking for groups to help with a variety of projects, including:
- Creating/building a garden
- Yard tidying/spring cleaning
- Raking leaves/shoveling snow/mowing a lawn
- Home maintenance/simple repairs/painting
- Hosting a recreation & leisure activity
- Hosting a special event/fundraiser
If you have a new idea for CLO, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers will assist, organize, lead, & promote interest in a variety of recreation & leisure activities such as arts, crafts, sports, games, music, hobbies and community outings. (depending on the interest of the people we support)
Duties may include:
- Interpret group & individual interests, likes & dislikes
- Adapt activities to meet participants' needs
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introduce them to other participants, & encourage their participation
- Help set up related decorations & equipment
- Encourage participants to develop their own activities and leadership skills through group discussions
- Have fun
Volunteers will assist with Special Events & Fundraising activities year round & activities such as:
- Golf Tournament
- Summer barbeques & picnics
- Halloween dance
- Christmas party & events
- Valentine's Day dance
- Community sponsorship & donation requests
As a volunteer driver, you will safely transport people we support to their scheduled appointments related to their medical, financial, social, recreation and life necessities.
Duties will include:
- Safely transporting passengers
- Providing friendly & caring conversation /rapport along the way
- Ensuring all passengers are wearing seat belts & abiding by safety procedures
- Reporting any safety concerns/incidents
- Respecting confidentiality
- Must have valid insurance, clean driver's record, & vulnerable sector record completed