You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Roles and Responsibilities
● Serve as an ambassador for the Burlington Museums Foundation (BMF) and the Museums of Burlington.
● Support the annual objectives of the Burlington Museums Foundation.
● Actively participate in decision-making at Board meetings
● Promote the Museums of Burlington in the community and actively seek opportunities to partner with businesses and other community initiatives.
● Steward donors and prospective donors, build relationships and cultivate funding. opportunities, emphasizing diversity in donor engagement.
● Assist personally in soliciting gifts and grants from individuals, foundations, corporations and other resources, fostering a diverse range of supporters.
● Use personal expertise and abilities to benefit the BMF (when applicable)
● Recruit and elect new Directors with an interest in heritage, culture and philanthropy, ensuring diverse representation in leadership.
● Volunteer and serve on committees (when applicable)
● Commit to up to 3-5 hours a month in supporting BMF including meetings, events and Board meeting preparation.
● Attend Board meetings regularly (1 per month)
● Promote and participate in events held by the BMF
● Admit annually members of the BMF Board
● Commit to a two-year term minimum, ensuring diversity and equitable continuity.
Recently, GlobalMedic has opened a new food packing location in Oakville to package and distribute staple foods from our domestic food program, McAntony's Menu. Since the launch of McAntony's Menu in February 2020, GlobalMedic has delivered nearly 1.9 million pounds of food to food banks and other organizations throughout Canada. Through this program, our volunteers repackage large 50 lb bags of nutritious staple foods into 500g bags ready for use, then delivered to local agencies serving vulnerable clients.
We are searching for volunteers to help us package these items at the Oakville location from Monday through Friday. Volunteers will help to package these 500gram food bags of pantry staples, and take large 50 to 100lb bags of pantry staples like rice, green peas, chickpeas, barley, lentils and kidney beans and divvy them into smaller family-sized 500g bags. They are then boxed up and delivered to food banks to be distributed to families in need.
The first step is to become a registered volunteer by creating a profile with us on the volunteer management site we use, InitLive. You can do so using this link: https://app.initlive.com/web-admin/app/#/join-party?k=x9ljkxo3whnbg1 All of our current volunteer opportunities are posted on InitLive. To view these opportunities, sign in to your InitLive account and click the larger, dark orange button in the middle/bottom of the page named "New Opportunities Listed". This shows all current opportunities you are able to sign up for, including this month's opportunity at our Oakville location which is called "September Packing: Oakville Site". Click on each opportunity to learn more about them and sign up for them by clicking the green "Signup" button. You should receive a confirmation email once you've signed up for an opportunity. Once you have joined an Opportunity, you will be able to view and sign yourself up for the shifts you are interested in. Please note that you should also receive a confirmation email for each shift that you sign up for, confirming the date and time of your shift. Shifts are posted on a regular basis so if there isn't anything available, make sure you check back. We also send email blasts when new shifts are posted.
You can also use this link to view the open opportunities at the bottom of our InitLive homepage: https://app.initlive.com:443/JE/x9ljkxo3whnbg1. Learn more about our work and read all about how you can get involved as a volunteer by checking out our website: https://globalmedic.ca/.
The Volunteer Friendly Visiting Ambassador duties include making contact with an isolated senior for at least 1 hour weekly. This includes contact by phone, Zoom or in-person and include conversations and social activities, and may assist with basic support as companionship to seniors. The goal of FV is to make contact remotely and in-person to encourage seniors to stay active, healthy, and socially engaged within their local communities. See detailed duties in the link below.