|Record #: MIL0889||Last Full Update: 04 Aug 2022|
|Office Phone||Administration 905-875-2665|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/MiltonPublicLibrary
|Primary Contact||Manager, Public Service; Phone: 905-875-2665 ext 3260|
|Description (Agency)||The Milton Public Library provides the community with materials, programs and services to support and encourage informal learning. Special emphasis is placed on providing a collection of popular materials and meeting the information needs of the public by providing a link to other sources.|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Established||1855 - original location; 1974-2011 - 45 Bruce Street; May 2011 - present location|
|Primary Executive||Mark Williams, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 905-875-2665 ext 3252; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||City / Town ; Provincial|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Library services include:
* Information services.
* lending of books, large print materials, video games and DVDs, government documents, audiobooks, energy meters, Conservation Halton Park passes and Ontario Parks Seasonal day-use permits
* Lending of Cognitive Care Kits for individuals living with a cognitive impairment like dementia; contain up to ten unique, dementia-friendly activities such as games, workbooks, puzzles, and various prepared activities (appointment required).
* Sports equipment lending
* Downloadable digital audiobooks and e-books.
* Online electronic databases of full-text journals.
* Programs for adults, teens, and children from age 6 months and up.
* Public computers with Internet access and office applications.
* Free wireless connectivity.
* Book Clubs for adults and teens.
* Business workshops offered in partnership with the Region of Halton.
* Information on regional, provincial and federal subjects which include: health and social services, housing registries, treatment centres, and government services and programs.
* Region of Halton water testing drop-off site.
The library catalogue is available on the web. Patrons can search, place and cancel holds, renew borrowed items and view their personal accounts.
* designated as a local cooling centre during times of extreme heat and a warming centre during times of extreme cold
|Hours||Mon -Thu 9:30 am-9 pm * Fri-Sun 9:30 am-5 pm
* Library Board meets on the third Wed of the month from Sep to Jun
|Application||* application required for library card
* first time borrowers for 'Cognitive care kits' must schedule an appointment by emailing at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to meet with a dementiability-trained librarian
|Fees||* late fees apply
* no membership charge for people who live, work or go to school in Milton
* all others are required to pay an annual non-resident fee
* free, limited reciprocal borrowing privileges are available to Hamilton and Wellington County residents
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
1010 Main St E
Milton, ON L9T 6H7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Thompson Rd N and Main St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Arts / Culture ; Child / Family Services ; Community Programs ; Disabilities ; Health Care|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Assistive Devices ; Computer and Internet Access ; Extreme Heat Cooling Centres ; Health & Physical Disabilities ; Health and Physical Disabilities ; Humanities Clubs/Events ; Libraries ; Parent / Child Programs ; Public Libraries ; Recreation for Children / Families|
|Service Categories||Cognitive/Learning Aids ~ Dementia ; Extreme Cold Warming Centres ; Extreme Heat Cooling Programs ; Fitness Equipment and Accessories ; Humanities Clubs/Societies ; Large Print Materials/Collections ; Library Audiovisual Services ; Parent/Child Activity Groups ; Public Access Computers/Tools ; Public Internet Access Sites ; Public Libraries ; Public Wi-Fi Sites|