Add to List
Last Full Update:
22 Oct 2023
Memos and Bulletins
Milton Santa Claus Parade needs volunteers to join the Santa Claus Parade Committee to help organize the parade.
This committee plans and coordinates Milton's annual Santa Claus parade.
|(50) Non Profit
|Tyson Herwynen, Treasurer
|Donations - corporate and business sponsors * donations collected along parade route ; Fees
Description and Service Details
The 2023 parade takes place on Sunday Nov 26, 1:30 pm
The following is a brief description of some of the volunteer opportunities available:
- Traffic Marshals are placed at strategic locations prior to the parade to greet parade participants and give them directions
- Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal to ensure the security of the parade attendees, participants and the parade route, will assist End-of-Parade Marshal to direct float traffic and participants at the end of the Parade route
- Band Marshals assist the Supervising Band Marshal in greeting the buses, equipment trucks, cars and band people and organizing the band portion of the parade
- Float Marshals assist the Supervising Float Marshal in greeting the floats and giving direction to the various groups and floats, and their support vehicles
- Banner Carriers carry the various banners advertising the sponsors of the various bands, floats or groups
- End-of-Parade Marshals assist the Supervising Parade Marshal and are positioned at the end of the parade and greet the band buses, equipment vehicles as they arrive to meet their various groups
The Parade is on Sunday Nov 26, along Main Street, starting at Whitmer St. to the GO station.
- all volunteers will gather at the meeting place no later than 12:15 pm (noon) where attendance will be taken and jobs will be assigned.
- the Parade commences at 1:30 pm and will end roughly around 3:30 pm (at the Milton GO Station parking lot)
- volunteers can be picked up at the end of the parade route at the Milton GO station parking lot between 2:30 and 3:30pm
- high school students requiring letters confirming their volunteer hours will receive them at the end of the parade
All volunteers are required to attend the mandatory information sessions for their position on Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 at Milton Lions Hall (above the Memorial Arena on Thompson Road).
|Volunteers must sign up no later than November 12, 2023
|Located In Community
|Address & Map
|c/o Milton Santa Claus Parade
The UPS Store
420 Main St E
Milton, ON L9T 5G3
Categories and Classification