|Record #: MIL0047||Last Full Update: 03 Mar 2022|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/AgScapeON
|Description (Agency)||A registered charity incorporated under the Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations Act of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food to build awareness and understanding of the importance of an agriculture and food system.|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Provincial ; Donations|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||AgScape brings the fast-paced and innovative world of agriculture and food to educators and students across Ontario. Programs include:
* The Teacher Ambassador Program (TAP) - places Ontario Certified Teachers directly into Grade 4 to 12 classrooms to teach about agriculture in Ontario.
* Digital Resource Library - a collection of lesson plans and student activities accessible online and available at no cost to teachers across the province.
* thinkAG Career Competition events (aimed at grades 5 to 12) - held upon request on location at participating schools. Students participate in interactive activities that test their overall employability and general agri-food knowledge.
* The Business of Food eLearning Platform - a comprehensive online platform that allows educators to enhance their knowledge and understanding of agriculture and food at their own pace, from any location
* Camp AgScape - a free online experience for youth from age 5 to 18. The program is a fully accessible, self-paced web platform which includes interactive and gamified educational activities to support parents, teachers and students.
* Feeding Innovation Podcast - Podcast shares stories and insights of the innovation and opportunity of Ontario's agriculture and food sector by interviewing leaders at the intersection of agriculture and education.
* In partnership with Farm & Food Care Ontario, other sector collaborators, and producers, AgScape leads the delivery of real-time virtual Food & Farm Field Trip events across the province throughout the school year.
|Hours||Available by phone - Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Application||Check website for details|
|Fees||Membership ; Membership levels: Individual - $50, Community - $100 or $200, Corporate - $500 - $7500, Corporate Innovator - $7500 +|
|Located In Community||Milton|
|Address & Map||
8560 Tremaine Rd
Milton, ON L9T 4Z1
View Google Map
|Intersection||Tremaine Rd and Campbellville Rd|
|Mailing Address||c/o AgScape
PO Box 460
8560 Tremaine Road
Milton, ON L9T 4Z1
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Planning/Coordinating/Advisory Groups ~ Agricultural Issues ; Subject Specific Public Awareness/Education ~ Agricultural Issues|