Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19. Please contact organizations listed here prior to visiting in person to receive the most current service information.

Permits for Events, Liquor and Special Occasions

Site: Burlington

Agency Information
Legal Status (10) Local Government
Funding City / Town
Description and Service Details
Description (Service) This listing gives an overview of how to apply for various licences and permits, including liquor permits, licences for fundraising events and outdoor event permits. 
Permits and Licences issued by City of Burlington: (see website here): 
* Animal Exemption Permit for Events 
* Building Permits 
* Burn Permit 
* Business Licences 
* Certificates - Marriage, Birth, Death 
* Dog Licences 
* Group Homes 
* Liquor Licences 
* Lottery Licences 
* Marriage Licences 
* Parks and Recreation Permits and Rentals 
* Pool Permits 
* Pop-up Patios 
* Property Information Request 
* Road and Transportation Permits 
* Sign Permits 
* Site Alteration Permit 
* Tag Day 
* The Cannabis Act and the City of Burlington 
Special Occasion Permits  
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering the Liquor Licence Act (LLA) and specific sections of the Liquor Control Act (LCA) * among its responsibilities in the alcohol sector, the AGCO oversees the administration of the Special Occasion Permit (SOP) program, which allows for the sale and service of alcohol on special occasions, such as cash bars at weddings or private receptions, as well as larger scale events that are open to the public, such as charity fundraisers 
* for more information, and to apply for a permit, see here 
For Festivals and Events using City of Burlington Property: see application and planning information here
Hours Contact applicable organization for information
Areas Served Burlington
Eligibility No restrictions
Application Contact for information
Languages English
Fees Service - for some (varies by permit)
Site Information
Located In Community Burlington
Physical Access Not Applicable
Categories and Classification
HCSD Main Heading Topic Guides
HCSD Sub Heading Special Topics
Service Categories Beer/Liquor Licences and Permits ; Building and Safety ; Charitable Gambling Permits ; Open Burning Permits ; Street/Sidewalk Use Permits

Agency Overview

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.